Englewood holiday lighting winners honored
Keep Englewood Beautiful members presented awards to 14 holiday lighting contest winners as part of the Dec. 17 Englewood City Council meeting.
Mayor Randy Penn thanked commission members for their hard work and the difficult task of choosing winners. He also said he felt there were more homes decorated in Englewood this year than there were in years past.
Council Member Joe Jefferson agreed and added that he is seeing more and more businesses decorating their stores for the holidays, and suggested that a best business decoration category be added to next year's contest.
This year's category award winners are:
• Mayor's Choice award was presented to the Kloewer family at 5041 S. Elati St.
• Commissioners' Choice award was presented to Chris and Cori Tiffany for the Santa's Race Car display at 4403 S. Acoma St., which included Santa and small race cars.
• Santa's 55 Award went to the Schaffer family at 4399 S. Acoma St. for the decorations that included Santa in a '55 Chevy.
• The Old Fashioned Christmas Award went to the Stewart family at 3850 S. Lincoln St.
• The Gingerbread House Award went to Cris Flederbach at 3031 S. Fox St.
• The Clubhouse Christmas Award went to the Griswold family at 4329 S. Clarkson St.
• The eight honorable mention awards went to:
Doug Haas, 4536 S. Sherman St.; David Alfred Lemay, 4600 S. Sherman St.; Esther and Soloman Rogers, 4597 S. Acoma St.; the Miller family, 5051 S. Fox St.; the Kreige, Herberg and Barnes family, 2987 S. Cherokee St.; Mary Darkin and Terry Tadlock, 3942 S. Lincoln St.; Freda Fenton, 3974 S. Sherman St.; and the Powers family, 2940 S. Logan St.