A person and dog were found dead in a house after a fire that officials responded to in the first moments of May 22. Denver Fire Department officials responded to a call around 12:01 a.m. to the 3100 …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2017-2018, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
A man and dog were found dead in a house after a fire that officials responded to in the first moments of May 22.
Denver Fire Department officials responded to a call around 12:01 a.m. to a residence in Englewood near East Dartmouth Avenue, a news release said. The call, from a person who was not inside the house, reported smoke coming from the home at 3100 S. Grant St.
The man, Blair Chapin, was 36, according to the Arapahoe County Coroner's Office. As of May 30, it was not known for sure if the fire was the cause of his death, said Shannon Sanamo, senior medical investigator for the office. A toxicology report was pending, she said.
Denver Fire's arson investigators and the Englewood Police Department were investigating the scene the morning of May 22, the release said. As of about 11:30 a.m., investigators were beginning to process the scene to determine the fire's cause, said Scot Allen, spokesman for Englewood police. The investigation was expected to last until at least the evening, Allen said.
As of May 30, the fire is still under investigation, and police are waiting on additional information, Allen said.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.