Arapahoe • The girls golf team was third at Aurora Hills Golf Club in the third Centennial League tournament of the season on April 4. Christine Attal turned in a score of 81 to lead the team. • …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• The girls golf team was third at Aurora Hills Golf Club in the third Centennial League tournament of the season on April 4. Christine Attal turned in a score of 81 to lead the team.
• Brandon Dryer leads the baseball team with a .500 batting average and the Warriors face rival Cherry Creek on April 14. Arapahoe is 2-15 all-time against Creek and has lost the past six games. In a 7-5 win over Mullen on April 3, senior Garrett DeClue went 4-for-4, hit a home run and picked up the pitching victory and has yielded only three earned runs.
• The girls soccer team also faces Cherry Creek on April 12 and the Warriors are 2-6-2 against the Bruins and have lost three straight games. Senior Camryn MacMillan leads the Warriors and the Centennial League with eight goals and 18 points in seven games. Danielle Babb is behind MacMillan with six goals and 17 points.
• Four of the top five girls lacrosse scorers in the Centennial League are Bruins. Senior Pearl Schwartz and junior Katie Collins each have 31 goals to tie for the league lead in games through April 7. Senior Isabel Anema is fourth with 22 goals and sophomore Amelia McCarthy is fifth with 21 tallies.
• Payton Canon shot a 5-under par 31 on the front nine at Aurora Hills Golf Club on April 4 and finished with a 4-under-par 68 to take medalist honors at the third Centennial League girls golf meet of the season. Four of the top five finishers were Creek golfers as the Bruins won the meet by 24 strokes over Grandview.
• The boys swimming team will hold a lap-a-thon April 19 to raise money for Children’s Hospital Colorado and the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders.
• The boys and girls track teams both finished first in the team standings April 7 at the Legend Titan Track Clash. The boys won two relay events while Dimitri Stanley (100 meters), Marcus Miller (400 meters) and Justin Alter (triple jump) were individual winners. Delaney Smith (100 hurdles) and Asend Ashley (triple jump) were girls individual winners and the Bruins also were first in a relay.
• Travis Hastings leads the 4A Metro League lacrosse statistics with 19 goals and the senior is third in the league with 22 points. The Pirates play Ponderosa on April 13.
• The girls soccer team, led in scoring by Yasmine Redono with four goals, has a chance to pick up its second win of the season on April 12 with a game against Fort Morgan. The Pirates have won all seven game against Fort Morgan.
• The baseball team will have to watch its pitching staff since the game against Legend on April 13 will be the third in five days. The Eagles entered the week with a four-game winning streak and are 3-4 all-time against the Titans but won last season’s game, 7-2.
• The girls soccer team will be out to snap a long losing streak when it faces rival Arapahoe on April 13. The Eagles have not beaten Arapahoe in the past six games the teams have played.
• Senior Nick Caswell leads the 4A Jeffco League with a .621 batting average and he is second with a .657 on base percentage. The Lions go against Standley Lake on April 14 in their third game of the week and hold a 3-0 record against the Gators.
• Freshman Reid Fornstrom ranks 13th in the Class 4A 100-yard breastroke top times this season with a 1:06.37 clocking. Junior Zackary Wieland has the 18th best time of 1:00.38 in the 100-yard backstroke.
• The girls golf team was seventh in the Jeffco 4A tournament April 4 at the Broadlands Golf Club. Sydney Elder was the leading Lions’ golfer with a 103.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.