Arapahoe • The girls swim team had three individual champions and finished second in the Centennial League Swimming and Diving championships Feb. 1-2. Franny Cable was the league diving champion …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• The girls swim team had three individual champions and finished second in the Centennial League Swimming and Diving championships Feb. 1-2. Franny Cable was the league diving champion with 515.85 points, Anna Wetzel won the 50 freestyle in 24.23 and the 100 breaststroke in 1:04.51, and Gabreece Van Anne captured the 200 freestyle in 1:56.32. Arapahoe also won the 200 freestyle relay.
• Byrson Stepston scored 22 points in a 67-52 Centennial League boys basketball loss to Mullen on Jan. 30. Overland dealt the Warriors their seventh straight loss, taking a 55-50 victory on Feb. 2.
• The girls basketball team lost 62-50 to Mullen on Jan. 30. Kali March scored 13 points, Sam Crispe 12 and Grace Cadorette 11 in the Mullen setback. Cadorette scored 20 points as one of four players to score in double figures in a 90-49 victory over Overland on Feb. 2.
• Junior Cali Clark tallied 16 points, Kacee Kyle 11 and Jana Van Gytenbeek 10 in a 72-36 victory over Smoky Hill on Jan. 30. Clark had 29 points and 11 rebounds in a 72-15 romp over Eaglecrest on Feb. 2. Van Gytenbeek had 10 points and 11 assists in the Eaglecrest victory.
• The girls swimming team won the Centennial League Swimming and Diving Championship meet Feb. 1-2 with 987 points. Jenna Smith was the winner in the 100-yard butterfly in 56.31, Abby Malloy was the league champ in the 100 backstroke with a winning time of 57.97 and Lindsey Sowitch was first in the 500 freestyle with a time of 5:11.85.
• The boys basketball team fell behind sixth-ranked Smoky Hill by 22 points after three quarters and a fourth-quarter comeback came up short in a 75-62 loss on Jan. 30. The team dropped a 63-56 decision to Eaglecrest on Feb. 2.
• The hockey team was shut out out 3-0 by top-ranked Regis Jesuit on Feb. 1 and then gave up a late third-period goal in 3-2 loss to Chaparral on Feb. 2. Hunter Fieweger had a goal and assist for the Bruins against Chaparral.
• Junior Lilly Johnson scored 16 points and had 24 rebounds as the girls basketball team dominated the boards with a school single-game record of 57 rebounds in a 47-40 win over Alameda on Jan. 29. Senior Megan Trail had 11 points and nine rebounds in the victory over Alameda. It took three overtimes but the team pulled out a 43-38 win over Arvada on Feb. 1.
• Nate Gravagno scored all the boys basketball team’s 18 fourth-quarter points and finished with 23 and Thomas O’Connor added 18 points in a 57-49 loss to Alameda on Jan 29. O’Connor had 27 points and Gravagno 21 in a 71-54 triumph over Arvada on Feb. 1.
• Sophomore Terrance Ferguson had 23 points and the boys basketball team shot 55 percent from the field but dropped a 68-61 decision to Legend on Jan. 29. Castle View handed the team a 59-41 loss on Jan. 31 despite Erik Olsen’s 18-point output. The team snapped a seven-game losing streak with a 63-60 win over Palmer on Feb. 2.
• Lucas Labrash had two goals and picked up an assist in the hockey team’s 5-1 victory over Chatfield on Jan. 30. Labrash had a goal in a 4-2 win over Columbine on Feb. 1. Max Yates had the game-winning goal, an assist and picked up 14 minutes in penalties in the victory over Columbine. Cole Trautman and Joe Carpinello scored third-period goals to go along with a Labrash first-period goal in a 3-2 win over Kent Denver on Feb. 2.
• The girls swimming team was second with 476 points in the Continental League Swimming and Diving Championships Feb. 1-2 at the Heritage pool. Anna Shaw was crowned the league champion in the 50 freestyle with a time of 23.52 in the finals. The 200 freestyle relay team also won the league championship.
• The boys basketball team lost a 48-38 game at Evergreen on Jan. 30 and lost 77-49 to Wheat Ridge on Feb. 2.
• The girls basketball team fell behind 30-5 at halftime in a 54-19 loss to Evergreen on Jan. 30. J’la Ervin scored five points for the team. Susie Puchino, sidelined with an illness for the Evergreen game, had 10 points, nine rebounds, four assists and three steals in a 45-30 victory over Wheat Ridge on Feb. 2.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.